Research Mentors are integral to the success of the UROP Program!
UROP Program Features
- You interview and select your students from our UROP applicant pool.
- Students will work with you for 6-12 hours per week for the entire academic year.
- UROP provides numerous research skill building workshops to help students help you (GIS, Endnote, Matlab, SPSS, STATA, Using Scholarly Resources in the Library)
- Supplementary research funding of $500-$800 is available per project.
- There is no monetary cost for the research mentor, UROP provides small funds for materials and covers any student costs if the student participates for work-study compensation.
Our short and easy to complete application asks you to provide a half page descripion of the overall project (goals, objectives, and methodology), what tasks you want the student to do, minimum qualifications, number of hours per week, and contact information for setting up interviews in the fall. Interviews will take place in September.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about the program, an idea for a project, or would like to speak to a UROP mentor from your department. We can also provide examples of past UROP projects in your area. The priority application deadline is August 15, but we welcome submissions through September.
For more information about the Research Mentor role, please see below.